A healthcare technician is an allied health professional who provides direct care to patients with or without the supervision of registered nurse. Healthcare technician’s primary position is to assist medical staff complete tasks around their assigned unit or clinic’s and accommodate patient needs. Healthcare technicians are typically found in specialty clinics, intensive care, emergency departments, or laboratory collection facilities.
Aims and Objective:
The main objective of the course to able the students
- Helping patients with the activities of daily life
- Using diagnostic equipment such as an EKG machine
- Collecting blood specimens
- Inputting information into patient medical records
- Assisting with daily activities like helping a patient bathe, dress, eat, walk, and get in and out of bed.